7 October 2008

weights and woe

After doing my regular morning run and some circuit work I went over to the gym to do some strength training. I had realized this morning that I hadn't done my trainer approved workout in a really long time and wanted to get it back into rotation.

I started out on the Wave, if you haven't been exposed to the monotony that is the Wave, try it at your own risk. It targets your backside and thighs which is great, I know it works because I can feel it but it is SO boring. It's kind of a speed-inline-skate motion. And no, that's not me in the picture.--->
I feel the same way about the Elliptical machine. So the gym trainer had prescribed 20 minutes of this torture and I did it.

Then I hit the weight machines, working the upper body routine. It was satisfying to see that my strength has definitely improved over the last couple of months. All of the sets were much easier than the last time I did them.

Strangely, however, I have felt a little bit lethargic today, maybe I've got the cold that my son had. I hope so. I have been working really hard and don't want to be self-defeating, get some excuse to slow down and then sputter out. I'm going to try and push through this and hopefully it's just a cold. 

more later.
martha

Digg! Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: