11 August 2008

30/60/90 oh my!

I took some time this afternoon to attempt my first go-round with the Drop A Jeans Size Workout from this month's Fitness Magazine and let me tell you it's a total ass kicker.

First let me point out a couple of tips:

1. When you get a new jump rope, let it hang somewhere, at least overnight so it doesn't keep twisting up on you while your trying to use it.
2. Jumping rope was WAY easier when you were 9, even just for 90 seconds.
3.When you have little kids in the house timing is everything.
4. Weighted jumping jacks will remind you exactly how out of shape you are.

Basically, I started the work out, got totally tangled up in my jump rope, pushed through to the second combo, weighted jumping jacks/push-up, and then the baby started crying and needed my undivided attention so I had to stop.

So all-in-all for the first day I did about 5 to 10 minutes of a 40 minute routine but I don't feel defeated, it was hard and fun and I will try again on Wednesday.

I will Drop a Jeans Size this month!

Digg! Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: