11 August 2008

you're goin' down!

If you haven't picked up this months Fitness Magazine you should. Daisy Fuentes is on the cover looking fantastic at 41 and talking about how she keeps fit here


Fitness Magazine is always packed full of great information, I really like the vibe too. It's never preachy, always encouraging and really directed at women's needs.

This month in the fitness section (pg. 88) is the Drop a Jean Size Workout and this will be my challenge for the next 30 days. 

The workout consists of a series of 30/60/90 routines. If you aren't familiar with these, click here to check out the creators of the method.

Basically it works like this. You have 2 exercises that you alternate between in 90 second, 60 second and 30 second intervals. This is a great way to keep from getting bored since you aren't just doing one thing for what seems like an eternity. It's also nice because you don't have to keep track of set/rep numbers, all you have to do is watch the clock, for no more than 90 seconds. I think I can do that. 

The workout, with 6 exercise combos, is about 40 minutes long/3 times a week and I can definitely squeeze that in to my life. I think this will work well as a home workout and then when I can get to the gym I can add cardio or a class.

The Drop a Jean Size Workout does require hand weights, I have some 3 pounders I'll be using and a jump rope which is optional. 

Wish me luck!

Digg! Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: