19 August 2008

flowing from the core

Okay so I did a run through of the free yoga practice at My Yoga Online and here are my initial thoughts:

1. The video/production quality is great, looks good full screen on my laptop and the audio is clear. It streamed well, there were no stops. I did let it load before I started but it still ran very soothly.

2. I HATE the narrator. She has a really weird voice and she speaks really fast. I think they could have cut half of the script and you still would have understood what was going on. It's like they wanted to get in every possible word someone might need to hear in order to do this practice. 

3. The practice itself is good, I likes the sequences, they threw in a couple of poses that I don't see often like warrior 3 and dancing cat. The length was good, it didn't seem too long or short.

4. I'm still undecided as to whether I like the mechanics of their website. I am having some annoyance with the actual usability but perhaps in a day I will not. I need to root around more.

Basically, I like the video and it's free so you can't beat that. It's worth a run through, especially if you just want to mix it up or feel like you have been doing the same videos over and over. It's not too hard and would definitely be useful for a beginner. It's worth a try. 

3 out of 5 stars.
xoxo
martha

Digg! Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: