29 August 2008

gracias a dios it's friday!

Whew! I woke up late and sore and had to rush around with The Son to get him to the bus on time but I pulled it off and then went for my walk which made all my muscles feel super fantastico and not all tight anymore.

Yesterday I worked out pretty hard. Yoga in the a.m., morning walk, Crunch Boot Camp DVD then, you know it...Drop A Jeans Size Workout, then evening yoga and a huge flop onto the bed.

I think the DJSW is what got me, I wasn't going to add the 3rd set to it until next week but I was feeling strong and went for it and since I just upped it to 5lbs. it was an ass kicker.

The other day I went to this great class at the gym, it's called GAP, glutes, abs and piernas, which is glutes, abs and legs in Spanish. It was one of those classes where you use ankle weights, hand weights, tons of squats and the ball for WAY too many crunches.

So The Son's school does this Fun Run every year, it's a 5k/1k race that he ran last year. He came in 4th for his age group on the 1k and this year he says he wants to run the 5k with me so I think I'm going to have to start training for that. Perhaps that's the next challenge after I finish the DJSW. I'm a bit nervous however. I have never been a runner, haven't raced anyone since I was a kid but I have some training ideas and a few friends who are runners so I'm going to ask them how to get this started.

Okay, got to run, ha ha, more later.
xoxo
martha.

Digg! Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: