10 September 2008

better than coffee

Yoga in the morning is such a fantastic way to get going. If you can make it a priority it can be super fulfilling and you will need a lot less coffee in the morning. I have been doing the Morning Sequence with Jason Crandell for quite some time now and honestly I love it. 


It's a nice mellow practice, about 25 minutes long and when I don't do it I notice the difference. It really gets me motivated to stay active throughout the day. If you can, try doing it outside on your patio/porch is you have one. I get up really early and it's SUPER satisfying to do sun salutations with the sunrise! 

Give it a try, I think you'll like it.
namaste!
martha

p.s. You can also download the Podcast version of this practice to play it on your Ipod/MP3 player so you don't have to lug your computer around with you!

Digg! Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola Martha,
Cool blog I enjoyed reading it. My husband is a yoga instructor and I love doing yoga also. One note, I cannot do yoga in the morning! I read in a yoga book that if it is difficult try the afternoon and evening, that made all the differrence for me, must be the age! I have also raced triathlons for six years, if you hear of any in the neighborhood let me know, would be something to train for. The link for our web site is www.crmassageschool.com. Again I really like your blog. Pura Vida, Robbie

Martha Macarthur said...

Robbie,
Thanks so much for your comments. I like what you guys are doing. Perhaps we can do a feature about the benefits of massage and sports sometime soon?
Let me know what you think.
Martha

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, we love to share anything about massage, and sports. I specialize in sports massage, and am also a personal trainer. Raising seven kids meant lots of time out for running, swimming and biking. It really helps. We are having a couples weekend the 24,25,and 26th of october featuring our favorite things. Two days of learning to work on each other and the third day on an adventure tour of Costa Rica. I guess that would be three of our favorite things, massage, sports, and Costa Rica. Again great blot, thanks, Robbie