2 September 2008

flex yourself

So you know I love yoga but the kind of flexibility I want to post about today is more mental than physical.

There are times when I get really busy, as we all do, and I don't get to exercise as much as I want to. Today for example, I had to drive super far for a meeting this morning, right there I lost my usual morning walk. Then I got back to a cranky baby and no electricity for a few hours, and there I lost computer time and DVD make-up workout time and frankly, The Baby just needed snuggles for a few hours. Now I need to get ready for a parent-teacher conference at The Son's school. Bye-bye day!

Normally, or in the past I should say, this would have freaked me out. I would have seen this as the beginning of the end to my stretch of good exercise habits and it probably would have been but that was totally a mental state. It would have been the end because I would have been subconsciously making it the end and using a period of getting busy as an excuse. 

This time I say NOT!

When I get back, even though it will be kind of late, for me. I will get my gear on and throw in a DVD. I will remember to do a short yoga session before bed lest I have a repeat of the last time I worked out at night and didn't stretch before bed and tomorrow I will definitely hit the gym to get in a bit extra.

So flexibility is key here, remembering that it is possible to squeeze in the workout during a busy day, that things can get rearranged and that it's okay if you miss a day, you can always make it up on the rest day.

more later.
xoxo
martha

Digg! Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: